The Real Me

I just saw a cool video by Michael Buckley on YouTube entitled, 'The Real Me', and it got me thinking. I've never sat down and just thought about the real me, so I thought I might as well do the same, but in a text format.

I guess, there are loads of different versions of myself. There's the school version of myself to begin with, and I plan to kill this person. When I'm at school, I'm larger than life and very eccentric, and even though that's me sometimes anyway, it's not all the time, which I think my friends realise when they meet me outside of school. It's funny, because, subconsciously, I have made this extra part of myself, and I don't know why. The 'School Adam', sometimes comes across as being offensive and too much for people, and whilst I still jokingly insult people, due to my dark humour, it comes to the forefront a lot more in School Adam.

Then there's 'Family Adam'. I find that I'm never my full self when with family... well my extended family at least. Say, I'm with my Grandma or Auntie, I become quite an introverted, 'model' child and it's not because I feel uncomfortable in their presence, but mainly because I feel it's how I should behave around them. It's just... not me though.

What I'm saying is, there are many different parts of me, but when it comes down to it, I'm a rather sensitive, thoughtful and emotional person, and neither of these points comes through in any other 'alter-ego' if you will. Only a select amount of people know this side of me, and whilst I'm a funny, out-going and attention seeking person, I'm also a kind, loving and insecure one.

Just a thought for you all.

How many parts of you are there when you look?

Adam,
xo.
0 Responses